Blame it on life
Long time no style post wow! Hello my darlings, I trust you guys are doing fine. I’m so sorry I’ve been MIA please let us just blame it on life and being an adult. Life after NYSC has been okay, thank God no post NYSC depression, been taking out time to work on personal things, make future plans and I believe all will be well with me.
How to style casuals and still be classy
On the blog today, I’m sharing this casual but classy look that I really love and will also be giving tips on how to style casuals and still be classy.
I’m a huge fan of styling casual pieces, being comfortable in what I wear and still look really good.
My best casual piece to style is denim because there are a whole lot of ways to style them.
Dressing classy doesn’t necessarily mean you have to wear formal clothing. You can incorporate classy pieces into your everyday look.
Cute off shoulder top
For this look, I paired my white denim pants with this cute off shoulder top. If you’ve been following my blog for a while now, you should know I love off shoulder pieces I mean they give me the opportunity to show off my lovely collar bones. You can check HERE and HERE to see other ways I styled off shoulder tops. The white denim pants was thrifted a year ago in Atlanta and the price was such a steal for a Ralph Lauren piece, it was about 10$. Theres something about white denim pieces that makes them lovable.
Keep it calm and clean
If you notice too, I accessorized with the colors on my top a green bag, peach court shoes which was also thrifted, a pink watch and ring. The colors are so sweet.
Another way I would have loved to style my denim pants would be to give it some business look with a turtle neck, an oversized blazer and sandals. For my makeup also I decided to keep it calm and clean. I’m currently loving glossy lips.
Tips to Dress Casual but Classy
- Buy clothes that fit your body because they make you look stylish and well put-together.
- Buy well made and high quality clothing. Well-made clothing makes you appear more elegant than cheaply made ones. They often cost more but are better investment than cheap ones.You can shop some at thrift stores like my pants or any online thrift site.
- Please choose outfits with fabrics that’ll last like cotton, leather, wool, silk, etc.
- It is very important to buy timeless pieces that’ll never go out of fashion like blazers, denim pants, collared shirts, cardigans, etc.
- Selecting colors is key. I’m talking about colors you can mix and match. These colors make your casual wardrobe appears timeless and polished. They’ll help you create many different outfits while still remaining laid-back and casual.
- Avoid ripped, deconstructed or worn clothing. Ripped or deconstructed clothing may be trendy but may not be the classiest option for casual wear.
- You can also style your casual outfit with lovely accessories like heels, jewelries, sunglasses, etc.
Guys my hair!!!
Guys my hair!!! I love it so much damn!! It’s so fine, love the curls, the volume of the hair and lastly because it has bangs which used to be my favorite hairstyle back in Uni. Quick story. I saw this hair on my Instagram timeline before my birthday, wished for it and put it on my Insta story. Guess what?? The hair brand reached out to me and sent me this hair. This made me so happy and I’m grateful. It’s called the Teyana who curly wig in ultra volume from NAPPYKULTURE on Instagram be sure to check them out.
Lets talk about photography. I’m really really impressed with my pictures considering the fact that it’s my first time working with this photographer. These pictures really made me happy when I saw them. Please check out his Instagram ADEROPOAFOLABI.
Thank y’all for visiting and let me know your thoughts on this look. I promise I wont be gone for too long. Cheers!!!